When was the last time you looked to Craigslist for furniture pieces?! Did you know its still a great place to look for hidden gems. I found this beauty below on the site, as excited as I was to be the potential owner someone else got to it before I did. Whomp Whomp! I have been looking so long for a queen headboard (+ footboard), to update my bed. The price was well in my budget ($25). My loss is now someone’s gain. I’m going to have to keep a close eye on the site to make sure I don’t miss another gorgeous find.
Here are a few of my tips on what I would’ve done, if I got to it first! Because my side tables are black and the room theme is romantic with a touch of glam.
– Change the wood stain to a high gloss black.
I love the rattan inserts however, I would’ve like to show off the line details of the headboard. –
– Replace it with some pops of color, like this: What I love about this fabric is the pop of colors. Because of the romantic theme space; you’ve gotta add some red. I love birds and Chinese ancient history. I naturally gravitated towards this because of its portrait of nature and history.
It’s been a while since I’ve found an inspirational piece to share with you all. But I think this maybe worth the wait. If I had the room or could remodel one for a client, I’d like to purchase this gem and turn it into a bathroom vanity.
What I LOVE most about this piece is its details throughout!
Here’s what I would do:
– Apply polyurethane, to bring the sparkle and shine back to life.
– Add new hardware (crystal/glass) to the draws and doors.
– Replace the top with quartz, and a modern sink.
Below are some ideas of what I have in mind for the sink and countertop.
Last but not least for this dresser I’d remove the wheels from the bottom. I can always use those for another project.
I’ve always been a fan of these side tables. They look excellent in an entryway or a foyer. Again nothing much I’d change other then add a mirror inside to show off the details.
Happy HUMP DAY EVERYONE, enjoy the rest of your week. Please leave your thoughts, suggestions. Or share some of your work with me.